Filming & Photography Requests

In order to be responsible stewards of public funds, UTA charges a $250 permit application fee to cover staff time for review of your application and coordination of the request. If your request is approved, UTA may charge additional fees for use of staff time, equipment, vehicles, and locations used during the review and execution of a film request.

If a request is permitted, the requesting film maker or photographer will need to enter into an agreement with UTA and purchase insurance for the film shoot, listing UTA as additional insured during the filming or photographing.  Applications must be submitted at least two weeks prior to need date.  Applications submitted less than three weeks prior will require a rush fee (see below).  All approvals are given at UTA’s discretion and UTA reserves the right to decline any filming request. Insurance may be required for approved filming and photography requests.


Photographers and filmmakers must obtain a permit to photograph on UTA property when:

  • motion or still image will be used for commercial, educational or non-profit purposes 
  • photographer is hired by a third party and/or requires hired talent including models, actors or extras
  • special equipment is required (i.e. lighting, booms, dollys, tripods, drones or remote control flying devices)
  • To apply for a permit, please use the Photography and Filming Request form below.  If a photography permit is issued, insurance and fees (see Fee Schedule) may be required.  

    Photography and Filming for Personal Use

    If you are in areas accessible to the public and are not required to obtain a permit, you may capture images and video for your personal use provided you do not:

  • create a safety risk to yourself or others
  • interfere with transit operations
  • violate UTA Ordinances
  • violate any local, state, or federal laws, rules or regulations
  • use special equipment including, but not limited to, booms, discrete lighting, dollys, drones, or any cameras larger than a handheld device 
  • If you take photographs of safety sensitive areas, enter an area that is not open to the general public, or are obviously involved in a commercial enterprise (e.g., an advertising agency) and have not obtained a permit, you may be subject to civil and/or criminal penalties.  You are also solely responsible for complying with all laws applicable to the photographs you take.  

    Please be aware that UTA regulates and controls the use of its intellectual property, including, but not limited to, its name, marks, logos, insignias, designs, and/or symbols.

     Fee Schedule
    *Indicates required field

    Filming Photo Shoot Request Form

    Request for filming on UTA TRAX, FrontRunner or Bus - 3 Week Notice Required

    Select Language: